Virtualbox shared folders much faster then samba for Railo + Nginx
It seems virtualbox configuration needs to be just right for good performance when the web application's source code is stored outside the virtual machine. I figured out that virtio nic type (Virtualbox network adapter paravirtualized network) and shared folders are much faster then choosing another nic type and using samba. In the past, I had issues with Virtualbox shared folders not updating cached info on source code files quickly enough. Maybe they have improved it or maybe I just read the manual better now.
Bookmark & Share
Popular tags on this blogPerformance |
Most Popular Articles
- Mass virtual hosting security tip when using a reverse proxy to connect to other servers
- Solution for MariaDB Field 'xxx' doesn't have a default value
- How to lock Windows immediately upon smart card removal
- Stop using sleep mode with Windows Bitlocker for better security. Learn how to use hibernate in Windows 8.
- Planning a system to visually create responsive data-driven web page layouts & widgets in the Jetendo CMS browser interface
- Is Google Public DNS actually better then your ISP?
- Pros and Cons of CFML vs PHP and other languages
- Run Windows Guest in CentOS 6 Linux Host using Virtualbox 4 via the command line