Our web applications now route email through SendGrid.com
I found an affordable service to route web site email through called www.SendGrid.com. I was able to see emails that were going in the spam folder previously, go to the inbox without delay.
All the web sites now send lead notifications and lead replys through this service.
I had noticed on the weekend that emails to aol & bellsouth were either being blocked or delayed. I'm not sure if companies were affected by this & I don't know how many emails would go into spam or not, but the situation should be much better now.
Additionally, this service is tracking which emails are getting delivered and whether people open them or click them. This info may help me see if there are other problems later.
The service also makes it easier for me to design a bulk email service in the future that also delivers to the inbox better. It becomes more expensive when doing more emails, so this wouldn't be free for clients probably.
This only applies to emails that were through the web site. Not a client's webmail/outlook.
You may notice that the links in the emails say "sendgrid" in the URL now. That is because the cheap version is not whitelabel. This shouldn't be a problem, but if a specific client wanted to have whitelabel service (using email.yourdomain.com instead of sendgrid), they could get an separate account starting at $79/month (pricing is accurate as of March 19th, 2012) to do that.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Mass virtual hosting security tip when using a reverse proxy to connect to other servers
- Solution for MariaDB Field 'xxx' doesn't have a default value
- How to lock Windows immediately upon smart card removal
- Stop using sleep mode with Windows Bitlocker for better security. Learn how to use hibernate in Windows 8.
- Is Google Public DNS actually better then your ISP?
- Pros and Cons of CFML vs PHP and other languages
- Planning a system to visually create responsive data-driven web page layouts & widgets in the Jetendo CMS browser interface
- My dog survived eating a box of Oreos