Our system now supports animated instant content loading via Ajax
Try navigating my blog to see how cool this is.
It uses HTML 5 pushstate to change the url without having to reload the entire page. It falls back to # hash urls on Internet Explorer. It still works with the back button. And if you refresh the page, it will show the same page again. All this sounds like "ya, that sounds normal". Well actually none of this is easy or automatic when you load the pages like this.
The upgrade was thoroughly tested across our supported browsers and thanks to the History.js script, this was slightly easier. However, I had to make custom logic for supporting the back button and internet explorer correctly.
Our clients may have to pay us to have this feature since the custom designs for each one have to be upgraded manually so that they are compatible. However, the CMS itself is already upgraded on all sites so it shouldn't cost very much to upgrade other sites. My site was upgraded in less then an hour. Others may be more complex.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Mass virtual hosting security tip when using a reverse proxy to connect to other servers
- Solution for MariaDB Field 'xxx' doesn't have a default value
- How to lock Windows immediately upon smart card removal
- Stop using sleep mode with Windows Bitlocker for better security. Learn how to use hibernate in Windows 8.
- Is Google Public DNS actually better then your ISP?
- Planning a system to visually create responsive data-driven web page layouts & widgets in the Jetendo CMS browser interface
- Pros and Cons of CFML vs PHP and other languages
- Run Windows Guest in CentOS 6 Linux Host using Virtualbox 4 via the command line