Google Authorship integration and social networking icons for Jetendo CMS users
Have you ever noticed how some Google results show a business or personal photo next to the search results along with the author name?
Did you wish you could have that happen for your articles?
Well, now you can with the upgrade we just made to our custom web site platform: Jetendo CMS.
In the backend, you could already add/edit public member profiles for your web sites, but now you can associate your profile with your Google+, Facebook and Twitter URLs.
In order to get authorship working, you need to have setup an account for yourself on Google+ and copy the public url to your Google+ profile into the Google+ URL field when editing your profile on our system.
All the blog posts you've made will then begin to show a Google+ icon, which contains the code Google looks for when determining who the author is. There may be some additional verification steps to associate it with your domain, but if you are already using Google+ and Google apps or gmail, it should be quick for you to enable all.
Google has a tool to verify that this information is embedded in the page correctly. Click here for an example of one of my blog articles with the authorship data.
If you need assistance, feel free to contact me.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Mass virtual hosting security tip when using a reverse proxy to connect to other servers
- Solution for MariaDB Field 'xxx' doesn't have a default value
- How to lock Windows immediately upon smart card removal
- Stop using sleep mode with Windows Bitlocker for better security. Learn how to use hibernate in Windows 8.
- Is Google Public DNS actually better then your ISP?
- Planning a system to visually create responsive data-driven web page layouts & widgets in the Jetendo CMS browser interface
- My dog survived eating a box of Oreos
- Pros and Cons of CFML vs PHP and other languages