Chrome 25 brings support for the Web Speech API
I'm excited about The Web Speech API which is supported in Chrome 25 (which was just released). Being able to search with your voice in Google search and on mobile devices has been a great feature for some time now. Now desktop apps can take advantage of this built-in browser support using standardized code.
Why not let users search with voice input on your web site or type in an inquiry form using their microphone? Another small feature that can make your web site even better.
Here is a list of web speech API demos:
Now that we have a standard for high quality speech to text, what will you build with it?
Bookmark & Share
Popular tags on this blogPerformance |
Most Popular Articles
- Mass virtual hosting security tip when using a reverse proxy to connect to other servers
- Solution for MariaDB Field 'xxx' doesn't have a default value
- How to lock Windows immediately upon smart card removal
- Stop using sleep mode with Windows Bitlocker for better security. Learn how to use hibernate in Windows 8.
- Is Google Public DNS actually better then your ISP?
- SEO Forum Signature Links
- Pros and Cons of CFML vs PHP and other languages
- Run Windows Guest in CentOS 6 Linux Host using Virtualbox 4 via the command line